Friday, June 7, 2013

Ardagh Part II - 2013

Part II of photos I took in Ardagh, Co. Longford, Ireland! (Don't forget to check out Part I here) These shots are mostly all of St. Patrick's Church of Ireland. It was built in 1810 so it's very old. It was just recently done up and is looking a lot better than it did. For more info on Ardagh, you can read it here. These photos won't be up on Facebook or Flickr until I have Part III up so enjoy!

Steve taking his own photos of the Church. I liked him in this shot because his shirt goes with the door and he shows just how big the church is.


Every time we drove by Ardagh this was a shot I always wanted to take and finally got the chance! I love all the purple flowers! You'll see lots more of them in the next few photos :P The house in the distance is Ardagh House.


This is one of my favourite shots of the day. The lovely purple flowers, the church and the Lych Gate. Coffins of the dead were traditionally met by a clergyman at the Lych Gate. The Gate is amongst one of the few surviving in Ireland. More info here.


Plaque about Ardagh House. Be sure to click full view and read the story!



Those purple/pink flowers are all over the walls in Ardagh. Just lovely!



More of St. Patrick's Church of Ireland. As we were walking to visit this old graveyard below...


I can't find name for this graveyard and church ruin. There is so many church's around Ardagh. It has a lot of history. More on this graveyard in the next post ;)


Like I said Part III will be coming soon until then don't forget to look at Part I here. I hope you enjoyed all the photos!

Don't forget to like my Facebook page and follow me on my Flickr :)







4 comments:

Kerrie said...

If I didn't know better I'd say they were taken in some part of France! I love those purple flowers.

Aishling O'Neill said...

It's hard to believe Ireland has ever had such blue skies :P Haha! Love those purple flowers too!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

heaven on Earth for sure..as usual..your "eye" is perfection!

Aishling O'Neill said...

Thanks so much Colleen! :)