Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stormy Weather, Sunset & Legan, Co. Longford Village - 2009

Stormy Irish Weather
Location: Somewhere in Co. Westmeath I think?!, Ireland



It was very windy as you can see from the tree and it was freezing cold. It was also raining in the distance and I love how the sun made it go red.

I'm not sure where this is...
Daddy and I just drove around and ended up there!

Will find out the location in future.
Its the same location as the photo below.




In This Twilight, Ireland
Location: Somewhere in Co. Westmeath I think?!, Ireland

This is the same place as Stormy Irish Weather above.
You can thank my daddy for this shot as he directed me to it when I was taking photos of the sunset on its own but none of them came out as good as this with the tree. It feels very lonely I think and daddy agrees! But still I love it all the same.

Legan, Ireland

Location: Legan, Longford, Ireland.


Two people cycling down to the center of my hometown village Legan.

St. Mary's Church Legan, Ireland

Location: Legan Church, Longford, Ireland.


 
I really like this shot.
I was inside Legan Church one day nobody there but myself and my daddy and the sun was shining through the Stained Glass window onto a Plaque and some kind of shrine.
I didn't even realise the photo came out so good and didn't find out what the plaque or anything said. Next time I'm there I will find out more info for you.

Legan Church Doorway
Location: Legan Church, Longford, Ireland.


 
Photo of one of the doors of my local Church here in Legan.
Taken back in October (wow it doesn't seem like that long ago) it was just starting to get dark, sun was setting, love the shadows of the tree and sun reflecting off the coloured glass above the door.




10 comments:

Irish Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Aishling!

Thank you so much for stopping
by my blog :) It was nice to have an "Irish" view point on the weather. :)

I love your photos! They are fantastic! I was awed by many of them, and that is a true sign that you are very talented.

I enjoyed them so much that I am going to show them to my daughter when she gets home from school. She has a deviant account too, but I have forgotten her name now....something Ty_terminator... Oh well, I forget. LOL!

Good news! The weather has cleared up here and the sun was shining in my window. I am hoping spring is here :)

big hugs to you ~Kimme

Aishling O'Neill Photography said...

Hi Kimme!!! ;D

Not a problem!!! :D Happy to stop by!!!

Thank you so much!!! I'm really glad you like them and be sure to keep an eye out because I have lots more to come!!! ;)

Haha!!! Well I hope she likes them to and if you remember what her DeviantArt name is be sure to let me know. :D

I'm glad you got some sunshine!!! Its pretty dull here at the moment but no rain thankfully!!!

I hope too that Spring arrives soon!!! I've noticed some flowers and tree buds that are starting to bloom!!!
I'm very eager for Spring!!!

Big hugs back to you from Ireland!!!

Aishling

Barry said...

Stunning photographs Aishling! They are all breathtaking but the one with the plaque illuminated by the stained glass window is just brilliant. I love it.

Aishling O'Neill Photography said...

Thank you so much Barry!!! I'm really glad you like my photos!!!

Be sure to keep watching as I will be adding more soon!!! :D

Thanks again!!!

Aishling

Utah Grammie said...

When I open your blog, my heart suddenly fluttered - you are the most amazingly talented photographer I've seen - you SPOKE to my heart- I am all "verklempt" - I can't explain this feeling of joy in finding your talent in photographing the beautiful Irish landscape and it's wonderful people. Thank you thank you thank you for sharing your talent.

Aishling O'Neill Photography said...

Wow!!! Thank you so much Utah Grammie for those kind words!!!

I'm really glad you like Ireland and like my photos so much!!! :D

Please be sure to keep an eye on this blog for more photos of Ireland!!! I have lots coming!!!

Again thank you!!! And I hope to hear from you again soon!!!

Aishling

Inga said...

You live in the most amazing country ever! =) I never have been to Ireland, but I want so badly for six years now. It must be amazing. All those nice sites and places you can visit! I never heard of County Longford, but I will google it :) Do you like to live there or would you like to live somewhere else?
I really do love your photos =)
Inga

Aishling O'Neill Photography said...

Thank you Inga!!! I'm glad you like Ireland so much!!!

I'm sure you'll get to visit someday!!!

Yes it is great living here!!! It has so much history and so much to photograph as well!!! ;) :D

I love living here of course and don't think I would like to live anywhere else!!!

If you keep an eye on this blog I will put up all the photos I have of my village and you can let me know what you think!!! ;)

I'm pretty sure Longford has its own website so I'm sure you found that!!!

Thanks so much for the comment and sorry about the late reply I've been having internet problems!!!

I will have that blog up in the next few days!!!

Aishling

WILBO43 said...

Great photography, Aishling, We were in Ireland in 2004 and loved it. Ireland certainly is a photogenic country and you are capturing it beautifully. Cheers from Down Under.

Aishling O'Neill Photography said...

Thank you so much WILBO43!!!

I'm glad you like my photography and I'm glad you had a good time in Ireland when you where here!!! :D

I will have lots more Photos coming so please do keep an eye!!! ;)

Cheers from Ireland!!! :D